His & Hers Clothing for 8 Weeks in Europe
Packing clothes for 8 weeks in Europe initially felt impossible. When spending over a month in Europe and traveling to different regions packing light and right is essential. I try to be as minimal as possible when packing for a trip. My hope is that this list will give you some guidelines and inspiration.
I will be spending 8 weeks in Europe with temperatures ranging from Highs:67-105 and Lows:48-57 degrees fahrenheit. My goal is to layer, but bring layers that won’t make me melt in 105 degree weather.
Here is how to create over 200 outfits from 15 pieces.
3 Dresses, 2 pants, 1 pair of shorts, 4 tops, 3 covers, and 2 scarves.
- Dresses alone 3
- Dresses with pants and shorts 2×3
- Dresses with pants and shorts, scarves 2x3x2
- Dresses with pants and shorts, covers 2×3
- Dresses with pants and shorts, scarves, covers 2x3x3
- Dresses with scarves 3×2
- Dresses with covers 3×3
- Dresses with scarves and covers 3x3x2
Total with Dresses: 78
- Tops with pants and shorts 5×3 (The chambray can be its own top!)
- Tops with pants and shorts, scarves 5x3x2
- Tops with pants and shorts, covers 4x3x3
- Tops with pants and shorts, scarves and covers 4x3x2x3
Total with tops: 153
Total different outfits: 231
231 outfits! There is no reason to overpack. This list is not including tank tops or tights either!
These 15 pieces plus…
Shoes: I’m bringing 3 pairs of shoes; ballet flats, tennis shoes, and chacos.
Sleepwear: I’m bringing leggings and nike shorts to sleep in that could be great for hiking Montserrat, Tibidabo, and Cinque Terre.
Jacket: I have a very light rain jacket that I will wear over my light jacket.
How to pack these items:
First of all I make sure to keep an outfit easily accessible if I need to change in my small carry-on. Therefore, a few items will be missing. When it comes to packing, packing cubes have become my necessity. The small and medium sizes are best for backpacks.
- Red pants, black pants, white shirt, and black shirt will all be in my carry on or on me. I will be wearing my tennis shoes and have an extra pair of socks with me.
- Small cube with 3 dresses and my one pair of shorts (striped maxi, striped sleeved, and navy dress)
- Medium cube with 2 shirts (floral and striped), 3 covers (vest, cardigan, chambray), and two scarves (purple and pink)
- Small cube with leggings, nike shorts, 2-t-shirts, and swimsuit
- Small cube with underwear, socks, bras, and bicycle shorts
- Shoes (chacos, sandals, and flats) are on their own, but accessible in case my tennis shoes get wet or my bag is overweight.
Only a little over half of my backpack is filled and it weighs 13 pounds.
8 Weeks in Europe Packing List for Men.
Alright; men’s packing list. My husband doesn’t care about mixing up his outfits like I do. With that said he still has 40 different outfits, 120 if you include shoe change. He is only bringing 13 items. 8 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, and 2 pairs of shorts. I want to talk about my husband’s pants for a second. He has a pair of khaki pants that he says feel like athletic shorts, but could be considered business casual. We bought them at an outdoors store and here they are online. On the plane my husband will wear and pack his shorts along with two shirts and his jacket. Therefore, he will only be packing 4 shirts and 3 pairs of pants…all of which can fit in a medium packing cube.
- Small cube: socks and underwear
- Medium cube: pants, shirts, 2 pairs of basketball shorts, swimsuit, and two t-shirts
- Shoes: Boat shoes and chacos will be packed and he will be wearing a pair of tennis shoes on the plane.
Typically, I would say don’t bring both boat shoes and tennis shoes. However, last summer my shoes were soaked in paris and I had to wear sandals on a cold, rainy day. It was not ideal, so now I’m a huge advocate for that extra pair if you can afford the weight.
Only half of his backpack is filled and currently weighs 15 pounds.